Ekin Europe GmgH Personal Data Security & GDPR
As Ekin, we are aware of our obligations as the enabler of safe city technologies under the GDPR- General Data Protection Regulation which came into effect on May 25th, 2018 in European Union and remain committed to helping to support our clients all around the world for GDPR compliance.
What is GDPR?
GDPR lays down rules relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and rules relating to the free movement of personal data. GDPR is planned to make natural persons and their rights be centralized.
What is personal data?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Here is a list of personal data types
· Biographical information or current living situation, including dates of birth, Social Security numbers, phone numbers and email addresses
· Looks, appearance and behavior, including eye color, weight and character traits
· Workplace data and information about education, including salary, tax information and student numbers
· Private and subjective data, including religion, political opinions and geo-tracking data
· Health, sickness and genetics, including medical history, genetic data and information about sick leave
Pseudonymization & Anonymization
"Anonymization" of data means processing it with the aim of irreversibly preventing the identification of the individual to whom it relates.
"Pseudonymization" of data means replacing any identifying characteristics of data with a pseudonym, or, in other words, a value which does not allow the data subject to be directly identified.
The legal distinction between anonymized and pseudonymized data is its categorization as personal data. Pseudonymous data still allows for some form of re-identification, while anonymous data cannot be re-identified. Both pseudonymization and anonymization are encouraged in the GDPR and enable its constraints to be met.
Ekin Product Processes related with Personal Data
Number Plate Recognition
- Certain Personal Identified Information (PII) description - Any information about a natural person means personal data.
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency - Personal data shall be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
- Data minimization - Minimization of data acquisition: Data collection level must be equal to requirements of products or systems.
- Purpose limitation - Personal data can be collected for a specific purpose that related person knows totally.
- Accuracy – Personal data shall be accurate and keep up to date where necessary. Personal data are erased or rectified without delay when they are inaccurate in regard to purpose that they are processed.
- Storage limitation - Personal data is kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes.
- Data Masking - Pseudonymization or anonymization is an obligation to keep data for some specific purposes.
- Integrity and confidentiality - Personal data shall be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
- Accountability - The controller shall be responsible for and be able to demonstrate compliance with all matter about personal data.
- All information about any natural human obtained from Ekin systems - face photo, number plate info, age and gender details etc.- is named as personal data.
- Ekin products collect data with the obvious legal issue such as number plate recognition and speed control in order to detect traffic infringement.
- Ekin products obtains as much as data only needed for its main functions.
- Any personal data gathered by Ekin products is about just a specific purpose. Different authorization levels for different users can be set and access without a permission will not be provided.
- Ekin products collect correct and update data to operate systems.
- Ekin gathers personal data and keeps them only during necessary time.
- Ekin decrypts personal data by using a special method in other words anonymizes every single data about a natural person.
- Ekin preserves all data including personal data with high-tech encryption method named anonymization. Ekin is inclusive safe city guard include you and your personal data.
- Ekin has the optimum level sense of responsibility to provide correct personal data and its analysis; accordingly, Ekin products include sensitive processor with high processing power for compliance
Ekin products are designed in a manner that neither Ekin nor any unauthorized third party can access to the records and data obtained by this product. The responsibility for the usage of the Ekin product in accordance with the terms of the personal data protection laws and relevant legislation as well as storage, handling, usage, process of the records and data obtained by the Product, in accordance with the terms of the personal data protection laws and relevant legislation belong to the user of the Product. The user of the Ekin product is also responsible for notifying the owners or relevant parties of the personal data and, for obtaining required permission from them.